|Take your first step towards an experience you’ll never forget by applying today. If you are unsure which program is best for you, contact us to discuss which program is the best fit.
How to Enroll
- Select a program based on your interest, departure date, and length of stay. Refer to our Program Fees and Start Dates page for program departure dates.
- Abroad Impact staff will review your application and contact you within 48 hours to discuss your specific goals and available opportunities that fit your criteria and background.
- Once you are accepted into the program, reserve your spot by making a non-refundable deposit. Payment can be made online with a credit or debit card, or by check, and will be applied to your program fee. The full program fee is due at least 45 days prior to departure, unless otherwise specified. Please review our Program Policy before enrolling.
After You Enroll
Once you pay your deposit fee and submit necessary paperwork, it’s time to prepare for your trip. Abroad Impact will send you an orientation guide with information about Ghana, what to bring for your trip, immunizations, visa, and recommendations of helpful books and websites.
We recommend you complete the following at least 30 days prior to your travel date:
- Book flight
- Obtain passport (valid for at least next 6 months)
- Obtain visa for Ghana
- Visit travel doctor (for vaccinations and health advice)
- Pay full balance of Program Fee (see Program Policy)
- Complete paperwork for insurance
- Sign program participation agreement
Intern and Volunteer participants will receive information about the organization they will be working with at least one month prior to departure, and workshop participants will receive a final itinerary.